The Online Programs — UH Extend engineering programs are designed to serve the needs of a broad range of students, including recent graduates as well as mid-career engineering and technical professionals who are seeking the high-quality graduate education and credentials that the Cullen College is known for. The UH Extend program is open to both domestic and international students, though international students who are attending UH in person on an F-1 visa are not eligible to apply due to visa restrictions.
All the degree programs under the Online Programs — UH Extend umbrella are designed to be completed from start to finish in a fully online format. All courses are taught online only, and there is no requirement for any on-campus or face-to-face components.
- Online MS in Electrical Engineering, with power and energy systems specialization
All of the Online Programs — UH Extend Master’s and Certificate programs consist of the same rigorous curriculum and coursework as traditional face-to-face programs at UH, and are taught by the same faculty. The only difference is in the mode of instruction, which is fully online.
Competitive and cost-effective tuition. All the available engineering programs under UH-Extend have a tuition of $745 per credit-hour, with no additional fees.
A 30 credit-hour engineering Master’s degree under Online Programs — UH Extend costs a total of $22,350.
A 9-hour graduate Certificate program costs $6,705.
Who Should Apply?
Admission requirements vary by program. For ECE, only the Power & Energy Systems (PES) specialization is participating in the UH Extend program at this time. Students who enter this specialization should have had at least one PES related course in power systems or power electronics at the undergraduate level. Students who are interested in this specialization are encouraged to make contact with the Specialization Coordinator for the PES area to discuss course selection. The Specialization Coordinator for the PES area is Prof. Kaushik Rajashekara ("Prof. Raja"), and he can be reached at ksraja [at] central.uh.edu (ksraja[at]central[dot]uh[dot]edu).
- Transcripts of all prior college education
- A summary of professional and relevant experience
- A supporting letter from your current employer is recommended
- GRE is required, recommended GRE scores: Verbal of 151, Quantitative of 159, and Analytical Writing of 3.5.
- TOEFL or IELTS is required for international students only.
- Fall semester admission deadline: July 1
- Spring semester admission deadline: December 1
- Summer semester admission deadline: May 1 (not all programs have a summer admission option)
To view the full list of programs, frequently asked questions and more, please visit the Online Programs website.