Interaction of RF and static magnetic fields with biological cells and tissue
RF and microwave characterization of dielectrics, superconducting and magnetic materials
Time-reversal based focusing RF/microwaves technique for medical applications
RF heating of nanoparticles for implementation in hyperthermia cancer treatment
High resolution magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with cryogenic and superconducting coils/arrays
1. Zhang Y, Sun S, Rudra R, Galstyan E, Wosik J, and Selvamanickam V, "Development of REBCO tapes on non-metallic flexible substrates for RF applications," IEEE Tr. on Applied Superconductivity, IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Issue Date: AUGUST 2019, Volume: 29, Issue:5, pages 1-5. DOI:10.1109/TASC.2019.2896545.
2. Kloc M, Ghobrial R. M., Wosik J., Lewicka A., Lewicki S., and Kubiak J. Z., "Macrophage functions in wound healing," J Tissue Eng Regen Med, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 99-109, Jan 2019. DOI:10.1002/term.2772
3. Wosik J, Suarez-Villagran M, Miller J H, Jr., Ghobrial R M, and Kloc M, "Macrophage phenotype bioengineered by magnetic, genetic, or pharmacologic interference," Immune Res., Jan 16, 2019. DOI: 10.1007/s12026-019-9066-3
4. Wosik J, Chen W, Qin K, Ghobrial R M, Kubiak J Z, and Kloc M, "Magnetic Field Changes Macrophage Phenotype," Biophys J, vol. 114, no. 8, pp. 2001-2013, Apr 24 2018. DOI: 10.1016/j.bpj.2018.03.002
5. Wosik J, Krupka J, Ketharnath D, Qin K, Galstyan E, Selvamanickam V, “Microwave characterization of normal and superconducting states of MOCVD made YBCO tapes,” Superconductor Science and Technology, 30, (3), 2017. DOI: 1088/1361/6668/aa52a4/meta
6. Mitra RC,. Villagrán MYS, Maric S, Wosik J, W. Zagozdzon-Wosik , and Miller JH, Jr., “Evidence from Imp. Spectroscopy that Elevated Dopamine Reduces Mitochondrial Membrane Potential,” J. Biosensors and Bioelectr. 8, 242, 2017.
7. Divya Padmaraj D, Pande R, Miller Jr. JH, Wosik J, Zagozdzon-Wosik W, “Mitochondrial membrane studies using impedance spectroscopy with parallel pH monitoring,” PlosOne, 10, Jul 24, 2014, doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0101793
8. Krupka J, Judek J, Jastrzebski C, Ciuk T, Wosik J, “Microwave complex conductivity of the YBCO thin films as a function of static external magnetic field,”Appl. Phys. Lett., 104, 102603, 2014. DOI:10.1063/1.4868305.
9. Wosik J, Pande R, Xie L, Ketharnath D, Srinivasan S, Godin B, “Protein adsorption enhanced radio-frequency heating of silica nanoparticles,” Applied Physics Letters, 2013 Jul 22; 103(4): 43706.
10. Krupka J, Wosik J, Jastrzebski C, Ciuk T, Mazierska J, Zdrojek M, “Complex 6. Conductivity of YBCO Films in Normal and Superconducting States Probed by Microwave Measurements,” IEEE Tr. On Applied Superconductivity, 23, 2, pp. 1-11, 2013. DOI: 10.1109/TASC.2012.2237515
11. Ketharnath D, Pande R, Xie L, Godin B., and Wosik J, Applied Physics Letters, “A method to measure specific absorption rate of nanoparticles in colloidal suspension using different configurations of radio-frequency,” Applied Physics Letters, 101, p. 083118, 2012. PMCID: PMC3436911.
12. Pande R, L. Xie L, Zagozdzon-Wosik W, Nesteruk K, and Wosik J, “Use of the radiofrequency intermodulation distortion technique to investigate intrinsic nonlinearity at the electrode-electrolyte interface,” Applied Physics Letters, 100, 063701, 2012. PMCID: PMC3293363.
13. Padmaraj D, Miller JH Jr., Wosik J, Zagozdzon-Wosik W, “Reduction of electrode polarization capacitance in low-frequency impedance spectroscopy by using mesh electrodes,” Biosensors & Bioelectronics 29 (1), 13-17 (2011). DOI: 10.1016/j.bios.2011.06.050.
14. Esparza-Coss E., Wosik J, Narayana P, “Perfusion in rat brain at 7 T with arterial spin labeling using FAIR-TrueFISP and QUIPSS”, Journal of Magnetic Resonance, 28, 4, pp. 609-612, 2010. PMCID: PMC2860051
15. Bockhorst K, Narayana PA, Dulin J, Liu R, Rea H, Hahn K, Wosik J, Perez-Polo J, “Normobaric Hyperoximia Increases Hypoxia-Induced Cerebral Injury: DTI Study in Rats”, Journal of Neuroscience Research, 88, 5, pp. 1146-1156, 2010. DOI:10.1002/jnr.22273
16. J. Wosik, L. M. Xie, and R. Grabovickic, "Thermal effects in microwave current-induced weak link switching in YBCO thin films," Superconductor Science and Technology, vol. 22, no. 10, 2009.
17. Padmaraj, D., W Zagozdzon-Wosik, L-M Xie, V G Hadjiev, P Cherukuri, "Parallel and Orthogonal E-Field Alignment of Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes by AC Dielectro-phoresis," Nanotechnology, Vol. 20 p. 035201, Dec. 2008.
18. Wosik, J., L. Xue, L.-M. Xie, M.R. Kamel, K. Nesteruk, and J.A. Bankson, "HTS Array for High-Field Magnetic Resonance Imaging," Appl. Phys. Lett., 91, 183503, 2007.DOI:10.1063/1.2801384.
19. Parka J, Krupka J, Dabrowski R, Wosik J. “Measurements of anisotropic complex permittivity of liquid crystals at microwave frequencies”; J. European Ceramic Society 2007; 27:2903-2905. DOI: 10.1016/j.jeurceramsoc.2006.11.015
20. Wosik J, Xie L-M, Nesteruk K, Xue L, Kamel M, Bankson JA, Hazle JD. “Superconducting single and array probes for clinical and research MRI”. IEEE Tr. on Applied Superconductivity 2003; 13:1050-1055. DOI:10.1109/TASC.2003.814148
21. Wosik J, Xie LM, Strikovski M, Przyslupski P, Kamel M, Srinivasu VV et al. Characterization of ferromagnetic perovskites for magnetically tunable microwave superconducting resonators. Journal of Applied Physics. 2002;91(8):5384-90. DOI:10.1063/1.1459600.
22. J. Wosik, L. M. Xie, J. Mazierska, and R. Grabovickic, "Influence of columnar defects on surface resistance of YBa2Cu3Ox superconducting thin films; nonlinear effects," Applied Physics Letters, vol. 75, no. 12, pp. 1781-1783, 1999. DOI: 10.1063/1.124818.
23. J. Wosik, L. M. Xie, R. Grabovickic, T. Hogan, and S. A. Long, "Microwave power handling capability of HTS superconducting thin films: weak links and thermal effects induced limitation," (in English), IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 2456-2459, Jun 1999.
24. J. Wosik, L.-M. Xie, K. Nesteruk, D. Li, J. Miller, J. H., and L. S. A., "Handling Capabilities of Superconducting YBCO Thin Film: Their Thermallally Induced Nonlinearity Effects," Journal of Superconductivity, vol. 10, no. 2, 1997.
25. Xie L-M, Wosik J, and Wolfe JC, “Nonlinear Microwave Absorption in Weak Link Josephson Junctions”, Physical Review B, 54, December 1, pp. 15494-99 (1996). DOI:10.1103/PhysRevB.54.15494.
26. Wosik J, Xie LM, Wolfe JC, Ren Y, and Chu CW, “Flux Quantization in Weak Links Josephson Junctions”, Phys. Rev. B. 51, pp. 16289-301 (1995). DOI:10.1103/ PhysRevB.51.16289.
A. Brazdeikis and J. Wosik, Superconducting Pickup Coils in Applied Superconductivity: Handbook on Devices and Applications, Wiley, Paul Seidel (Editor), pages 1553, March 2015.