Many scholarships are available to incoming and current students of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. Some are administered by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid and some by the Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and are open to all University of Houston students. The Cullen College of Engineering also offers a number of merit-based scholarships.
In addition, depending on availability of funds, the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering awards to ECE students the following scholarships:
If there is a problem with your application, please email Diana De La Rosa-Pohl at dipohl [at] Central [dot] UH [dot] EDU.
Several endowments support scholarship awards for currently enrolled Electrical & Computer Engineering students. In addition, the following endowed scholarships have specific criteria that need be met. If you would like to be considered for one of these scholarships, please indicate the specific scholarship, and how you meet the criteria when you fill out the online application.
- Omron Foundation, Inc. Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. Harb Hayre Endowment in Electrical and Computer Engineering (Graduate Student)
- Herbert D. and Suzanne C. Hickman Scholarship Endowment
- Betty Barr Scholarship Endowment Fund for Women in Electrical Engineering (UH Foundation)
- Dr. Wallace Lee Anderson Endowed Scholarship in Electrical Engineering
- Abdallah (Abe) Najjar Endowed Scholarship in Electrical Engineering
- Urvish Medh Memorial Scholarship Endowment Fund (Graduate Student)
* You will only be allowed to complete one (1) application as it is sufficient to be considered for all ECE Scholarships. It is recommended to complete this application on the computer and not a phone or tablet to avoid mistakes.
To be considered for a scholarship offered by the Electrical and Computer Engineering department, please complete the online scholarship application.
To peruse undergraduate fellowships, click here.
The UH Cullen College of Engineering offers something that most engineering colleges around the country do not — an Engineering Career Center devoted to finding you a job, internship, fellowship or other career opportunities 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To learn more about career opportunities, co-ops, internships, workshops, on-campus recruiting events and much more, please visit the Engineering Career Center website at career.egr.uh.edu.