Investing in a graduate degree provides you with the advanced knowledge and credibility you need to get ahead in today’s competitive workplace. A graduate degree:
- Makes you a more valuable employee as well as an expert in your field, and increases your earning potential.
- Sets your resume apart from the competition and helps you stand above the crowd, as only ~13% of the population has a master’s or a doctorate.
- Opens doors for new career growth opportunities, making you eligible for higher-level leadership jobs that expect an advanced degree. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for these jobs is growing quickly.
- Gives you the knowledge and flexibility to cope with a changing workplace.
- It is an accomplishment that you and your family will be proud of.
- Most importantly, a graduate degree helps you develop stronger life-long learning skills, and helps you grow your professional network. These benefits can last a lifetime.
Discover which option is best for you:
- Graduate Certificate in Power and Energy Systems
- MS in Electrical Engineering (Thesis & Non-thesis Options)
- MS in Computer Systems Engineering
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering
An Opportune Time to Earn a Graduate Degree
Earning one of our graduate degrees (MS, Ph.D.) has become easier and more affordable than ever.
Online Options: Most of our graduate classes can now be taken fully online, without having to commute to/from the campus. Some of the courses are offered in an asynchronous online format, providing you maximum schedule flexibility. You get the same world-class education, but in a way that fits your busy work life.
Employer Tuition Benefits: Major employers offer generous tuition benefits to employees, and you can take advantage of low in-state tuition rates, making your graduate degree more affordable, and in many cases, practically free. Have you spoken with your Human Resources department?
Manager and Family Encouragement: You may be surprised at just how supportive your work manager and family members will be of your graduate studies. This may be the time to have that conversation, and work out the right pace of study.
Expedited Handling of Graduate Applications: The application process is straightforward and conveniently online. Our staff are happy to assist you with any questions. With sufficient relevant work experience, we may be able to waive the standardized GRE & TOEFL test scores.
Thesis Synergy: If you are employed in research and development activities, we may be able to offer a thesis topic within your area of expertise. Additionally, many thesis projects can be done remotely. You can meet with your thesis advisor via online teleconferencing and get the personal attention you deserve. We invite you to speak with our faculty members and explore the possibilities.
Interested in Learning More?
Please contact Kelly King (knking [at] central [dot] uh [dot] edu, 713-743-7955) and provide the following information:
- Your name (last, first)
- Preferred method of contact (phone number and/or email address)
- Highest degree(s) presently held (name of the university, date degree was received and GPA)
- A summary of your industry work experience and future goals