What We Do
The Machine Shop is a full-service research shop that provides machining, assembly and fabrication services in support of research projects for Cullen College students, faculty and staff.
- Professional machining and welding services
- Design assistance (consultation, CAD drawing)
- Stock, fasteners, hand and power tools are available
- You must supply detailed drawings of the part(s) you want fabricated, complete with quantity, material, and tolerances as needed.
- Customer can supply material or shop will supply the material at cost.
- Cost center/ speed type # is required for billing.
- UH users: $35/hr
- Non-UH Users: $54.25/hr
Hours and Location
Monday - Friday
6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Location: UH Energy Research Park
Building 7, Suite 110
5000 Gulf Freeway
Houston, TX. 77023
- Bridgeport style vertical knee mills
- Horizontal mill
- Engine lathes (capable of swinging up to 20” diameter and 6’ in length)
- 120 Ton Scotchman Hydraulic Iron Worker (with punching and shearing capabilities)
- Tig and stick welding as well as plasma cutting and brazing/soldering abilities
- New! Haas CNC Vertical Machining Center with 40” X 20” X 25”(X,Y,Z) travel, 20 Tool Umbrella Carousel, utilizing the latest Cam Software from Espirit
Unable to view the above slideshow? Click here to view the photo album.
Phone: (713) 743-4411
E-mail: mryoung [at] central [dot] uh [dot] edu